BOONE — The Boone Area Chamber of Commerce will host Coffee, Cake and Candidates, Monday, April 23, at F.A.R.M. Café, located in downtown Boone.
Candidates involved in the following contested primary races have been invited to attend: U.S. House of Representatives District 5 (R & D), N.C. Senate District 45 (R), N.C. House of Representatives District 93 (R), Watauga County Board of Commissioners District 5 (R) and Watauga County Sheriff (R).
Parking enforcement in the town of Boone controlled lots in the downtown district will end at 4 p.m. on April 23, allowing for parking access prior to the event.
An updated list of candidate RSVPs can be found at www.boonechamber.com.
The projected schedule will be as follows:
- 5 p.m. – Welcome and opening statement
- 5:05 p.m. – Republican Candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives District 5
- 5:35 p.m. – Democratic Candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives District 5
- 6:05 p.m. – Republican Candidates for N.C. Senate District 45
- 6:35 p.m. – Republican Candidates for N.C. House of Representatives District 93
- 7:05 p.m. – Republican Candidates for Watauga County Commissioner District 5
- 7:35 p.m. – Republican Candidates for Watauga County Sheriff
Each candidate will be given a two-minute introductory statement. Questions will then be asked of all the candidates in a “round robin” format; each having an opportunity to answer first, but all answering the same question.
The audience will be allowed to submit written questions during the forum. All questions will be asked by the moderator. Each response will have a one-minute time limit and each candidate will have a two-minute closing statement.
This forum is not intended to be a debate between candidates or between the audience and the candidates, but rather an opportunity for the citizenry to hear each candidate’s position on topics important to all. In order to maintain decorum, political literature and signage will not be allowed in the room.
For more information, contact David Jackson at 828-264-2225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.