BOONE — According to Boone Police, emergency personnel responded to Lowe’s Home Improvement on June 2 after a man was injured by an accidental firearm discharge.
Police stated that the department along with Boone Fire and Watauga Medics responded to 1855 Blowing Rock Road for a report of an injury from the accidental discharge of a firearm. A male patron was reportedly using the restroom facility when a legally carried firearm accidentally discharged. Another male patron in the restroom suffered a non-life-threatening injury. The injured man was transported to Watauga Medical Center for treatment, according to police.
The investigation into this incident is continuing. Police stated that upon completion of the investigation, District Attorney Seth Banks will be consulted to decide if and what charges should be filed.