A 6-year-old boy who has been battling cancer got a surprise standing ovation from his classmates when he returned to school after finishing his last round of chemotherapy.
- Late rally pushes Patriots boys past Watauga
- Watauga girls stumble down the stretch, fall 62-49 to Freedom
- Economic forecast: 2020 will continue upswing in economy trends
- Parkway students to perform 'The Lion King Jr.'
- Board of Ed passes 2019-20 budget, prepares for 2020-21
- This week in the archives: Parkway protests, municipal tax district debated and Avery flood recovery efforts
- App State women lose at Arkansas State
- App State men post 83-80 overtime victory over Arkansas State
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Eight-hour standoff ends with death of suspect
- Suspect dead after eight-hour standoff near Fleetwood
- Board OKs $7.5M self-storage facility in Boone
- Sheriff's reports
- Garrett Riley leaves App State for SMU
- Blue Ridge Conservancy purchases Peak Mountain acreage
- Town requesting meeting with county on future of Turner House
- Police reports
- Boone to host varied performances this winter, spring
- Martin Luther King Jr. Street to be dedicated in Boone