ASHE COUNTY — The Sparta-based Blue Ridge Midnight Runners held their first ever rod run Saturday, Aug. 24, which passed though Ashe County and parts of Virginia. The ride went through West Jefferson and Lansing in Ashe County, Grayson Highlands, Volney, Mouth of Wilson and Independence in Virginia before heading back to Sparta. Drivers showed up in everything from hot rods to classic cruisers and old-school muscle cars.
- Satterfield injures knee in Watauga win over Wilkes Central
- Doc Watson’s memory inspires this weekend’s Carolina in the Fall Festival
- Girl Scouts create a sisterhood in the High Country
- Boone representatives receive Challenge Coins as thanks from the High Country Military Officers Association of America
- First Year Showcase returns to ASU with performances to examine 'change'
- Horse sports in Blowing Rock to take a big leap forward
- Faculty art exhibition returns to Lees-McRae
- Blue Ridge Parkway Ranger Programs for Sept. 21-22
- Truck travels off US 421 embankment, driver killed
- Sheriff's reports
- $11M, 186-bed project planned for NC 105 Extension
- Mallatere seeks new civil trial against Boone in US Court of Appeals filing
- App State sets fall 2020 enrollment target of 20,000
- ARHS: Motorcyclist released after NC 105 wreck
- MRI shows Satterfield tears two ligaments in his knee
- Mountaineers excited about upcoming UNC showdown
- Boone council approves downtown tax district additions
- Downtown Boone building history report unveiled
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.