BOONE − Pleasant, sunny weather greeted large crowds at the 2015 Downtown Boone Christmas Parade on Dec. 5. The parade marched down King Street at 11 a.m. from the Watauga County Courthouse towards Appalachian State University's Legends parking lot.
Following the parade was a celebration at the Watauga County Public Library, where kids had the chance to get their picture taken with Santa Claus. For more photos, visit www.wataugademocrat.com.
Photos by Erika Giovanetti
- Police reports
- Watauga Riverkeeper and ‘Swim Guide’ offer water bacteria monitoring
- Library teams up with NAMI High Country to tackle mental health issues
- 30,988 cases, 980 dead, 684 hospitalized in NC; 28 cases in Watauga
- County adds new fees in approved 2020-21 budget
- Town of Boone cancels July 4 fireworks, parade
- AppalCART FY2020-2021 budget adopted, no route changes planned
- Boone budget proposal would dip into savings
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Hundreds join Black Lives Matter protest in Boone
- Boone COVID-19 restrictions take effect June 2
- 29,398 cases, 944 dead, 650 hospitalized in NC; 24 cases in Watauga
- App State subcontractors, student test positive for COVID-19
- NC has highest day of reported COVID-19 deaths, hospitalizations
- Cooper steps down as chair of App Theatre, Keith Martin takes the helm
- 27,793 cases, 929 dead, 638 hospitalized in NC; 19 cases in Watauga
- Police investigating accidental discharge of firearm
- Our view: Leadership lapse allows Boone council to veer off course
- App State joins list of schools cutting sports teams