Details for Firefighter Position Open
The Avery County Fire Commission is now accepting applications for position of Firefighter.
Qualifications are as follows:
21 years old, N.C. Firefighter II, N.C. E.M.T., CDL class B (air brake and tanker endorsements), drivers license. Applications can be picked up at the Avery County Managers Office or Fire Department Coordinators Office located at 175 Linville St., Newland, on the Second Floor. Any questions, contact FDC at 828-737-5522.
Application deadline is December 18, 2019 at 11:00 am with a copy of the criminal history/background check in each county you have lived in.
Benefit package includes NC Local Gov. Retirement, matching NC 401K plan, Health Insurance, Dental insurance, Eye coverage, and Accident and sickness policy.
- Report: Clark to be named App State head football coach
- App State trustees call special meeting on employment contract
- Holloman fired as Beech Mountain town manager
- App State presents inaugural awards for excellence in research, scholarship and creative activity
- Five-year grant aims to expand WHS mental health program to Ashe
- Faculty concerned about student mental health ahead of enrollment growth
- Approximately 300 attend annual Flapjack Flip
- Award-winning songwriter Alexa Rose to perform in Boone
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Former resort administrator allegedly embezzled $61K
- Todd woman charged with trafficking methamphetamine
- Drinkwitz officially out, Clark named interim coach
- Report: Gillin a candidate for A.D. position at Cincinnati
- A journey back to life: Woodring reclaims life through faith and photographs
- Four-story, $7.5M storage facility, new connector road proposed for old Toyota site
- Boone woman one of three charged in W.Va. murder
- Sunrise Boone organizes school walk-out, climate strike
- Reports: Missouri working on details to hire Drinkwitz to coach Tigers
- Police reports