From the Mountaintop, The Edgar Tufts Story is next in line and features a production that celebrates local heritage. What did Banner Elk, North Carolina look like in the 1890s? With the vision of a young seminary student, one tiny town gained a church, a college, an orphanage, and a hospital. The musical, written by Janet Barton Speer, with songs and lyrics by John Thomas and Tommy Oaks, tells the story of a Presbyterian minister, the Reverend Edgar Tufts. He first came to the region in the late 1800s as a seminary student to organize a church, but his love and admiration for the mountain people called him back to an extraordinary life of service that forever changed the complexion of the area. With remarkable purpose, Tufts founded a number of institutions that continue to serve today: the Banner Elk Presbyterian Church, Lees-McRae College, Cannon Memorial Hospital, and Grandfather Home for Children.
From the Mountaintop, The Edgar Tufts Story will be next in line showing July 11, 12, 13, 16 at 7:00 p .m. In addition, there will be matinee performances at 2:00 p. m. on July 14, 16 & 17.
- Occurred Thursday, July 11th, 2019 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Occurred Friday, July 12th, 2019 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Occurred Saturday, July 13th, 2019 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Occurred Tuesday, July 16th, 2019 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Occurred Sunday, July 14th, 2019 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Occurred Tuesday, July 16th, 2019 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Occurred Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm